shaped like a cushion

Phrontistery dictionary. 2013.

Look at other dictionaries:

  • pulvilliform — adj. [L. pulvillus, little cushion] (ARTHROPODA: Insecta) Appearing lobelike or padlike; shaped like a pulvillus …   Dictionary of invertebrate zoology

  • pulvilliform — pul·vil·li·form …   English syllables

  • pulvilliform — ˌpəlˈviləˌfȯrm adjective Etymology: New Latin pulvillus + English iform : having the shape or appearance of a pulvillus * * * pulvillˈiform adjective • • • Main Entry: ↑pulvinus …   Useful english dictionary

  • Shapes and Resemblance — This assortment of 370 adjectives all refer in some way to the form or shape of things. Some are more geometrically descriptive than others, while a number of terms refer to animal forms or shapes of obscure objects. Certain adjectives for shapes …   Phrontistery dictionary

Share the article and excerpts

Direct link
Do a right-click on the link above
and select “Copy Link”

We are using cookies for the best presentation of our site. Continuing to use this site, you agree with this.